Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Picking the Right Books for Your Baby

Reading is very important to me...I am an English teacher after all...and I wanted to read to my son right away. I know how important it is for my son to be exposed to language from the very beginning and that the first years of his life he will learn more than in the rest of his years combined...needless to say I want to get him started on the right foot.

In my research to understand what the best kind of literature for my son is I came across this really awesome website that seemed to put things into perspective for me. After reading this article we were off to Barnes and Noble for a fun shopping trip!

Early Moments is a company that offers children's book clubs. I didn't opt for the book club at this time but will consider using them when my little guy is a bit older.

http://www.earlymoments.com/Promoting-Literacy-and-a-Love-of-Reading/Benefits-of-Reading-to-Babies/

No comments:

Post a Comment