Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mama to be: Grandma's Ramen Salad

This was a salad that my grandma used to make during the summer. It is cheap and easy but very yummy. In my second trimester I wasn't gaining as much weight as I needed too so my doc told me to increase my carbs. This salad came to mind and has been a great addition to my pregnancy diet.

Ingredients:

2 packages Ramon Noodles- any flavor
1 can- canned  white chicken in water
1 package Italian dressing mix (and ingredients for dressing) or a bottle of Italian dressing
1 can cut green beans (no salt added)
1 can mushrooms
1 bag sun dried tomatoes/or sliced tomatoes
1 can olives
1 head of lettuce

Instructions:

Cook the Ramon noodles following the directions, but do not add the seasoning packet! Drain the noodles and let them cool. Drain the chicken (saving the chicken juice for the cat) and the veggies. If you are mixing the Italian dressing do so while the noodles cool. Clean lettuce and line plate or Tupperware container with lettuce. (Note: I  split the salad up during a couple of containers and have easy to grab salad snacks). Put noodles on top of the lettuce, place chicken and veggies on top of the noodles. pour dressing over the salad to taste and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving. You may need to add more dressing after before you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment