Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mama to be: Frozen Greek Yogurt

This is a yummy frozen, sweet treat! Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt and it also comes in low fat and fat free options. I personally don't like the texture of yogurt but I knew there are lots of great benefits to yogurt. My good friend Vince shared this recipe with me and it fast became one of my staples! For this you will need a Kitchen Aid mixer with Ice Cream maker attachment. I also purchased the small rubber maid containers so that I could freeze individual serving sizes.

Indgredients:

3/4 Cup Suger
1- 35.3 oz container Fage Plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp Vanilla

Yummy Add-Ins Suggestions:
frozen mixed berries
chopped nuts
Nutella
Chocolate Sauce
Pineapple & Coconut (I also add a dash of rum extract to this one) 

Instructions:
Mix yogurt, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set up ice cream attachment and pour in yogurt mixture. Leave the mixture in for 25 minutes. If you want to add some other yummy stuff add it into the ice cream mixer but be careful not to over flow the mixer! Divide the frozen yogurt into the containers and freeze for at least and hour before serving. You may need to let the frozen yogurt sit out for a few minutes to thaw before you eat it. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment